incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Writing some tooling
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 15:50:27 GMT

On May 10, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Alan Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> I'm currently writing some tooling to help with the incubation process as well as mail
list moderator tools.

> The first thing that I'm writing is a command that will print out who is the owner of
an email alias and what projects they belong to and if they are ASF members.  This will help
me vet subscription requests since people rarely use their ASF email accounts.

> The tools will be written in Python.

I'm done with this tool.  It also sends a rejected email to the user informing them that they
are not allowed to subscribe.  Things I need in this email are:

URL of a web page describing out to add an alias to an account
URL of a web page describing mailing list membership policies

If these don't exist I am happy to write them.

A bunch of the Python utilities that I'm using are from LinkedIn and I'm in the process of
"vetting" the code.  I'll check it in as soon as that's done:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/tools

I'm now going to replace the mentors' names in podling.xml with their usernames and fix the
corresponding web/reporting generation bits.  Any pointers would be welcome.

Regards,
Alan