incubator-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Niemeyer <...@pat.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache BeanShell in the Incubator
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 13:59:01 GMT

Hi,

I am happy to assign the BeanShell name, domain name, etc. to ASF.  These names are not actively
used elsewhere for any purpose.

BeanShell was the subject of a JSR to standardize it as a scripting language for the JVM,
but that JSR went dormant years ago and there are no plans to revive it.
(Unless ASF would like to do so).

I am happy that ASF has adopted BeanShell and I'd like to help with the project in the future
to the extent that my time allows.

thanks,

Pat Niemeyer
(BeanShell project founder)