incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: If I were king of the forest
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 18:44:23 GMT
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 11:40:59AM -0700, Alan Cabrera wrote:

> On May 8, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Alan Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

third is generally a backup for the others in a transition period, such as one of the mentors
looking to shed their responsibilities. One point that has come out of the discussion has
been a lack of clear responsibility. Adding more mentors dilutes that responsibility. Two
allows one as backup for the other.

or two inactive ones but since they officially declared themselves inactive the active mentor
know not to assume anything of them.

> >> I may be incorrect in my understanding of the official ASF policy here
> >> [1], but WRT a release, doesn't it require at least 3 +1 votes of the
> >> appropriate PMC (in the case of podlings, the IPMC)?  If the mentors
> >> were limited to 2 within the podlings, then would that leave all podling
> >> in a position of having to get a third +1 from the IPMC?
> >
> > We're the IPMC, we can change the rules if we need to.
>
> Oh, I see this is an ASF rule.  Maybe we should have three active mentors?

That was exactly my point, yes.