incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator 2.0.0-incubating
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 17:41:17 GMT
On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 10:34:42AM -0700, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:
> > This message isn't clear...  Did Curator hold a vote internally yet?
> > If so, it's usually good to include a reference to that VOTE RESULT
> > thread when sharing with general@i.a.o.  It's also useful to reference
> > any IPMC votes that you may have gotten during that initial vote for
> > reference.
> >
> > I'm not sure if any of the above is technically required, but it a nice
> > to have IMO.
>
> Thanks - I'm new to this ;)

Sure - we've all been there (or at least I have).

> Yes, there was an internal vote. IPMC members Luciano Resende and Patrick Hunt both approved
of putting the vote to the @general list. I did a search in the archives and now see the correct
format. I'll send out another VOTE email with the updated info.

Since those votes occurred, you are starting the i.a.o voting process
with 2 +1 votes already.  That's why I asked.

You may want to solicit feedback still via this thread.  At least
there's the question of the CHANGES file that was raised.  Not sure it's
a blocker for release, but it's a question that was raised.

If you *do* want to cancel this thread, please be sure to reply to the
initial VOTE email with a [CANCEL] before [VOTE] in the subject.  This
keeps the IPMC's vote tracking page [1] up to date.

-chip

[1] http://people.apache.org/~brane/incubator/votes.html