incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <>
Subject Re: Creating announce@ lists by default
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 20:40:53 GMT
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013, at 12:21 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
> If I was the press/analyst folks or security/sysadmin folks, I'd
> probably prefer to receive all these announcements over one list, then
> having to figure out every announcement list for each apache project
> in use in my infrastructure or that I'm interested in.

/me puts on my former press hat

It depends a lot on whether I cover all open source or a specific
project. If I care only about one or two Apache projects, I probably
don't want to get all Apache announcements. Folks who care/write about
OpenOffice, for instance, aren't going to necessarily want announcements
about Whirr or Hadoop.

AFAIC, having project-specific announce lists is good practice.

Joe Brockmeier
Twitter: @jzb

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: