incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: If I were king of the forest
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 17:58:21 GMT

On May 8, 2013, at 2:53 AM, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Alan Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> Podlings would be required to have a minimum of two active mentors.  A mentor is
free to become inactive but must explicitly
>> state this else the mentor risks being removed for not performing their duties.
>
> I like it all.  A lot.  It's an attempt to solve the real problem.
> But how do you define "inactive" and how do you identify them and on
> what periodicity?

Not reviewing reports
Not reviewing releases
Not responding to PPMC requests in a timely manner

> And, if they're a Member how long must such a
> person wait before re-signing up to be a mentor?

I assume that you speak of ASF members.  The fact that they are members has already vetted
them.  There's no need to go through the trial mentor period.

Inactive mentors are moved to emeritus.

Emeritus mentors merely need to ask to be reinstated, after reaffirm that they will perform
their duties as out lined in a clearly defined document.

Since mentors are IPMC members and can be trusted, I doubt that we will have chronic re-enrollment
of ejected mentors.

Regards,
Alan