incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Curator 2.0.0-incubating (updated)
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 06:28:41 GMT
Regarding (4),

Once you've created the signature file, simply prepend text to it in front of the

line.  You can have something like

    Signature by Release Manager Jordan Zimmerman
    Public Key Certificate:
      <https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/randgalt.asc>
    [ ... ]

I suppose it would be useful to also link to a page on how to check the signature.

It seems strange to have that in the clear, but it is harmless.

I just confirmed that text in front of the initial ASCII armor line is simply ignored by GnuPG
and I suspect all other PGP signature verification implementations.

 - Dennis

PS: Here's a page that describes how to check, although a group of keys is recommended in
that case:
<http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.1_checksums.html#howto>.