incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Release Candidate 4
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:34:15 GMT
On 25 April 2013 11:17, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we didn't get any extra vote, so the release is stalled.
>
> Sebb pointed out that the source release includes the javadoc.

The source archive is supposed to contain only files from the source code
control system (SCCS). [*]
This makes it possible to trace the provenance of every file in the archive.
SCCS commit reviews should catch any files that aren't compatible with the
Apache License or that we don't have permission to use.
If the archive contains files that are not in SCCS, how does the reviewer
know that the files are OK to publish?
The html files look like they were created from the source using Javadoc,
but without doing a tedious comparison, it's not possible to be sure that
there aren't some  files that should not be published.

If I were RM, I would respin the release.
A lot easier than dealing with the possible consequences if there is a
rogue file in the source archive.

[*] it does not have to contain all the files, e.g. a DOAP is not
particularly useful in a release archive (and of course it should not
contain the SCCS config files)

This is indeed something we'll update, but is this really a blocker now? Do