incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: committee-info.txt and the incubator PMC
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 01:09:20 GMT
On 3 April 2013 16:36, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> So how about having just historical info in the text file, and LDAP
>> for current info?
>>

> Isn't this the current rationale? I see the LDAP group answering the
> question "Does the person A belong to group B now?" and committee-info.txt
> answering other questions, like how long A has belonged to group B or the
> composition of group B in time.

The only way to change the composition of a PMC is via an e-mail to the
board, which is then ACKed. After 72 hours the change is official.

Ideally, the LDAP group and committee-info.txt are then both updated
together.
However that does not always happen; I'm not sure that either is
necessarily more accurate than the other.

Note that the file contains reporting details as well as historical info.

Regards,