incubator-general mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <>
Subject Re: LICENSE/NOTICE revisited (was Release Apache Marmotta 3.0.0-incubating (RC8))
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 06:48:44 GMT

and thanks Marvin for all the valuable information. This is really helpful!

2013/4/24 Marvin Humphrey <>:
> We'll probably
> need to open an individual LEGAL Jira issues for each license, e.g.
>     Does bundling a dependency under the Python Software Foundation license
>     require any additions to the ALv2 NOTICE file?

And making such information from legal issues available in a
processible form that could be re-used by (new) tools, e.g. in Apache
Creadur, would be a huge step forward. I guess that legal issues are
always hard to be precisely handled by tools but having (more) tools
that at least provide analysis and give pointers would already help.

 - Fabian (Marmotta Mentor)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message