incubator-general mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <fchr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LICENSE/NOTICE revisited (was Release Apache Marmotta 3.0.0-incubating (RC8))
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 06:48:44 GMT
Hi,

and thanks Marvin for all the valuable information. This is really helpful!

2013/4/24 Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>:
> We'll probably
> need to open an individual LEGAL Jira issues for each license, e.g.
>
>     Does bundling a dependency under the Python Software Foundation license
>     require any additions to the ALv2 NOTICE file?
>
>     http://opensource.org/licenses/PythonSoftFoundation.php

+1

And making such information from legal issues available in a
processible form that could be re-used by (new) tools, e.g. in Apache
Creadur, would be a huge step forward. I guess that legal issues are
always hard to be precisely handled by tools but having (more) tools
that at least provide analysis and give pointers would already help.

Best,
 - Fabian (Marmotta Mentor)