incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: April report filed
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 01:43:11 GMT

On Apr 20, 2013, at 7:53 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> 
>> Does http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2013 match what was reported
>> to the board?
>> 
> 
> No, because people persist in modifying the wiki after I submit it -- this
> is a much more prevalent action than last-minute commits into the official
> board agenda.
> 
> Perhaps we need a disclaimer that the wiki is just a scratchpad and not
> 'for the record', or perhaps we need a way to make the report pages
> read-only once the submission happens, or perhaps we need people to read my
> email when I announce when I'm going to post the report.

It all seemed very rushed. Perhaps we need a clearer schedule in advance. You seem to have
abandoned shepherd appointments.

My real issue has nothing to do with whether changes were made before or after and is more
to do with my surprise that the board accepted such an incomplete report.

There was nothing much written about the state of various podlings. Nothing was mentioned
about podlings like ODF Toolkit's failure to report.

We should make a better effort for May. We should ask ODF Toolkit to report out of cycle.

Regards,
DAve

> 
> 
>> 
>> If not would someone update the wiki?
>> 
>> I ask because there are podlings like ODF Toolkit that did not report.
>> Some action is needed on our part.
>> 
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>> 
>> On Apr 12, 2013, at 8:49 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (398J) wrote:
>> 
>>> No problem you got it!
>>> 
>>> Just didn't want to step on anyone's toes.
>>> 
>>> Adding now!
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris
>>> 
>>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
>>> Senior Computer Scientist
>>> NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
>>> Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
>>> Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
>>> WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
>>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>> Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
>>> University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
>>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>
>>> Reply-To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <general@incubator.apache.org>
>>> Date: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:46 AM
>>> To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <general@incubator.apache.org>
>>> Subject: Re: April report filed
>>> 
>>>> In case that sounded harsh, which was not intended:
>>>> 
>>>> I have a meeting in 15 minutes that i Need to prepare for, and then I'm
>>>> off
>>>> to go home, collect my entourage, and go to the airport to fly to
>>>> Portland.
>>>> So I'd be _grateful_ if you'd commit it yourself.
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Benson Margulies
>>>> <bimargulies@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> Chris,
>>>>> 
>>>>> You have access to commit to the board agenda, so why don't you just
>> put
>>>>> it there yourself?
>>>>> 
>>>>> --benson
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (398J) <
>>>>> chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>>> Hey Benson et al.,
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Sorry I will get the Climate report on the wiki in the next few hours.
>>>>>> If possible, I would like it to be included in this month's report.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Sorry about it being late.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>> Chris
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>>> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
>>>>>> Senior Computer Scientist
>>>>>> NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
>>>>>> Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
>>>>>> Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
>>>>>> WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
>>>>>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>>> Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
>>>>>> University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
>>>>>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>>> From: Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>
>>>>>> Reply-To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <
>> general@incubator.apache.org>
>>>>>> Date: Friday, April 12, 2013 3:59 AM
>>>>>> To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <general@incubator.apache.org>
>>>>>> Subject: April report filed
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> I committed the April report. Since no one added any releases
to this
>>>>>>> report, there are no releases listed. I removed the mention of
Onami
>>>>>> as
>>>>>>> graduating since there is no motion to establish an Onami PMC
on the
>>>>>>> agenda. If someone adds one please add it to the Incubator repot
>>>>>> header.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> There is no report for Open Climate Workshop; there might be
other
>>>>>> missing
>>>>>>> reports.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>> 
>> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message