incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Incubator structure (was Re: Vote on personal matters: majority vote vs consensus)
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 06:26:39 GMT

On Apr 3, 2013, at 1:20 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...Chris proposes that this
>> committee recommend its own demise to the board, to be replaced, in
>> large part, by the board itself. Every board member who has been heard
>> from so far has been less than enthusiastic...
>
> That's my case, and I'm not interested in arguing this much more -
> deconstructing the Incubator PMC does not look like a good idea to me,
> both as a board member and as an ASF member.

I am interested in graduating podlings into TLPs when ready. I think the incubator is an excellent
place that has done tremendous efforts in fulfilling the mission of the ASF - software for
the public good.

It pains me to continue to read Chris's continual efforts to disband. It is wearying and demotivating.

Upayavira made an effort to just discuss problems, yet Chris continues to push his poison
pill solution.

Now I'll do my best to do the shepherd thing and look at long time podling's like VXQuery
- which is slowly working towards their second release and probably needs a new Mentor.

I have less time this year for the IPMC, I am not sure I have time to Mentor for awhile, but
Shepherding is fun. It's time for some fledgling's to be pushed out of the nest.

Regards,
Dave