incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernan...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Marmotta 3.0.0-incubating (RC8)
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:33:17 GMT
Hi,

first of all, thanks for taking the time to review the release; we
really appreciate it.

On 17/04/13 17:52, sebb wrote:
> The NOTICE file in the source archive and Git tree looks rather big - are
> all of those really present in the source?

The main reason is that Marmotta uses many Javascript libraries.
Therefore, until we'll move to depend on webjars artifacts, those
libraries are present in the source tree and distributed, both in the
source and binary distributions.

This has been internally discussed too; please see
http://markmail.org/message/ydnk257k4p6tapkg for further details.
Basically, although there is no need to add them because the license,
for the moment we find useful to have a single audit point for such
cases. Future releases will gradually reduce that list.

> Also the formatting of the header is non-standard.

Ummm, you are right: our formatting is slightly different than the
standard one. Actually I don't know where this custom formatting comes
from, but I hope it wouldn't be a blocking issue. I already registered
MARMOTTA-206 on jira to handle it properly; thanks for pointing us such
detail.

Kind regards,

--
Sergio Fernández