incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Onami to become an ASF TLD
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 16:01:41 GMT

On Mar 18, 2013, at 6:16 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Christian Grobmeier
>> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ...I followed this:
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-community-
>>> vote
>>> "It is wise to copy the incubator general list when the vote is
>>> proposed."...
>>
>> Ok - I have now changed that to "it is wise to notify the incubator
>> general list that the community vote is starting - but do not Cc the
>> vote to the general list as that creates confusion".
>
> Great, thanks! I was just starting to do the same, now I safe the time
> and grab a cup of coffee instead.

I started to do the same. But I decided to read to the end of this
thread to be sure what the issue was.

As a note, there was recently a very similar discussion about whether
to copy or forward podling votes for new committers.

Regards,

Craig

P.S. I found nothing misleading about the original vote which states
pretty clearly "This is the community graduation vote for the Apache
Onami project".

The only thing "confusing" is that you actually have to *read* the
message to know that it's a community vote. [meow] ;-)

> Cheers
>
>> -Bertrand

> --
> http://www.grobmeier.de