incubator-general mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating announce@ lists by default
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:50:34 GMT
Why would you want to subscribe to the announce list of every new incubator
project? If you wanted to do that, you'd just subscribe to
general@incubator.apache.org, or even announce@apache.org.

Please note, I am not suggesting we disband announce@apache.org. We already
have plenty of TLPs using announce@TLP.apache.org lists, and they post to
that as well as announce@apache.org.

All I am suggesting is that we suggest to incubating projects that they
create an project specific announce@ list, so as to create a low-volume,
high-signal news channel. It is my experience that such things are useful.