incubator-general mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating announce@ lists by default
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:14:41 GMT
Luciano, release announcements and security disclosures.

Jordan, can you clarify what you understand by "be maintained"? Just to be
clear, this is a one time operation, and as far as I know, comes with no
maintenance costs whatsoever. So the "too much" part of "too much for
little gain" doesn't appear to make sense.

The announce@ list is typically subscribed to by press/analyst folks,
security/sysadmin folks, and people interested in new releases but who have
no interest in participating in the community.

I believe a low-volume announcement channel like this could be beneficial
for most projects. It certainly couldn't hurt to at least recommend/suggest
this as a list when setting up the podling.