incubator-general mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating announce@ lists by default
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:38:53 GMT
Yep. Obviously, I'm aware we have a foundation-wide announce list. :)

It's not very helpful for people who are only interested in one or two
projects, however.

If I am using Hadoop, and only care about knowing about new Hadoop releases
or security disclosures, I do not want to:

a) subscribe to announce@apache.org, and receive loads of
completely irrelevant junk, or
b) subscribe to user@hadoop.apache.org, and receive even more
irrelevant junk

Having a high-signal, low-volume announcements list would be beneficial for
most projects, IMO. And it seems like the sort of thing we should
be encouraging right from the start.