incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vote on personal matters: majority vote vs consensus
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:44:41 GMT
It appears to me that we have a consensus here on using a majority system
with a 3/4 supermajority. I'd like to establish the existence of this
consensus with a minimum of fuss, and begin to stop wasting everyone's
time. Our goal here is to achieve consensus, not to hold votes. So, I'm
going to treat this as a lazy consensus issues. I'm going to watch this
thread for an additional 72 hours. If anyone objects to this consensus,
send along a brief summary of your objection with a -1. If there are, in
fact, substantive objections, I'll organize a separate vote process to
resolve this. Please do not debate objections here, we'll do that later if
we have to. Everyone's had a fair opportunity to state their opinion, so
the only thing we're doing now is ensuring that no one is harboring a
serious objection that I have somehow overlooked. Acquiescing in this
process does not prejudice the discussion of changing the PMC.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 4:21 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org