incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vote on personal matters: majority vote vs consensus
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 07:35:02 GMT
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 7:52 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your second suggestion sounds like the thing to do to me - separating
> IPMC-ship and Mentor-ship - that would solve several of the problems
> we've being having including this one, it would open up a much bigger
> pool of potential mentors, and IPMC'ers would get much more visibility
> of people as they work here which should make the PMC voting easier.

Ok some people sound like they like this suggestion, and some others
have expressed concern about the lack of a binding vote. I'd like to
try this, perhaps as a sort of experiment like we've done for other
changes in the past. I'll post a more articulate proposal in a new
thread but doesn't anyone else have any feelings about this either
way?

   ...ant