incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [INVALID][RESULT][VOTE] Accept MRQL into the Incubator
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 04:43:33 GMT
OKay I see.

> As you have previously pointed out Champion and Mentors are required to be IPMC members
[1], [2]. So sorry you cannot be counted as a mentor/champion for MRQL.

Regarding Champion, Am I not a Officer of ASF? - "A candidate project
shall be sponsored by an Officer or Member of the Foundation."

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2013, at 9:25 PM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Maybe 3 including myself?
>
> Hi Edward,
>
> As you have previously pointed out Champion and Mentors are required to be IPMC members
[1], [2]. So sorry you cannot be counted as a mentor/champion for MRQL.

> Since you have asked to be added to IPMC [3], I assume you realize you are not part of
IPMC. Casting a binding vote on EasyAnt graduation [3] is not right.  Please avoid creating
such confusions.

> Suresh
>
> [1] - http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Mentor
> [2] - http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Champion
> [3] - http://markmail.org/message/ldoyqm3o5eifyzrl
> [4] - http://markmail.org/message/dxqqa2cf6cpvoeyp
>
>> or If we need to recruit one more Mentor and
>> re-open the vote with properly updated proposal, Please let us know.
>>
>> I apologize that I made a mistake here. I was confused with this comment[1].
>>
>> 1. http://markmail.org/message/k6s56f5wlxgqhq3k
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Marvin Humphrey
>> <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

>>> For the record, there were 4 binding IPMC votes in favor.
>>>
>>>  Mohammed Nour El-Din
>>>  Alex Karasulu
>>>  Tommaso Teofili
>>>  Chris Mattmann

>>> In addition to Alex Karasulu, Mohammed Nour El-Din had volunteered,
>>> but seems to have been left off the version of the proposal which was
>>> VOTEd on. So unless Mohammed has withdrawn, MRQL has 2 Mentors.
>>>
>>> Marvin Humphrey

>> --
>> Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
>> @eddieyoon