incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Falcon into the Apache Incubator (was originally named Ivory)
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:16:23 GMT
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Srikanth Sundarrajan
<srikanth.sundarrajan@inmobi.com> wrote:
> ...Thanks for participating in the proposal discussion on Falcon
> (formerly Ivory). I'd like to call a VOTE for acceptance of Apache
> Falcon into the Incubator...

I hate to slow down things, but considering that the name change to
Falcon was only announced 4 hours ago, and there are some concerns
about it in the discussion thread, I'd say the discussion hasn't
sufficiently settled down to vote.

We usually allow at least 24 hours for lazy consensus, doing that for
this name change would be good IMO, especially as the discussion
thread shows that Falcon is far from being a unique name.

-Bertrand