incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Provisionr join the Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:43:36 GMT
On 27 February 2013 18:53, Andrei Savu <savu.andrei@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Benson -
>
> Thanks for your feedback! It's too early to decide if there is an overlap
> between communities. Provisionr solves a different problem being focused on
> semi-automated workflows (e.g. with Rundeck) and cloud portability while
> Whirr is more focused on deploying services from the Hadoop stack.
>
> I had this conversation before with Tom.
>
> -- Andrei Savu

I do support this, though lack time to commit to active participation.

It is very different from whirr, but is built very much on other bits of
the ASF codebase, especially Karaf.

One thing I would recommend for the curious is to get a demo of it from
Andrei; I saw one over G+ and it looked very nice.

-Steve