incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Vote on personal matters: majority vote vs consensus
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:09:30 GMT
On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<> wrote:
> So I am proposing now to reconsider Joes original proposal and change our
> community voting to a majority voting unless we restructure the IPMC.

+1 for majority voting on personnel issues for the IPMC.

I'm also fine with requiring a supermajority of 2/3 or 3/4 of those voting,
though I favor plain majority voting for the sake of simplicity.

> I would also like to suggest that this time we finish the discussion
> with a vote.

It will be disappointing if we get sidetracked into debating more
controversial proposals and miss another opportunity to make some meaningful
incremental progress.

Marvin Humphrey

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: