incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ambari (incubating) 1.2.1 Release Candidate RC0.
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:19:21 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>  At least
>> in Hadoop ecosystem I know of no other project that provides a combined
>> bundle for the checksums.
>

> Have you looked at the Hadoop releases?
>
> http://www.us.apache.org/dist/hadoop/common/hadoop-1.1.2/

That's why I was very careful in phrasing my statement: "hadoop *ecosystem*" (*)
since I didn't want to get into the argument around the fact that it
may be beneficial
for Apache Hadoop project itself to reconsider its release practices
around producing
message digest information.

But regardless, there's no reason for a podling not to follow established
practices that a majority of ASF release do follow.

Thanks,
Roman.

(*) it is like saying Earth's ecosystem -- the planet itself doesn't count :-)