incubator-general mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Joining IPMC member
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:25:56 GMT
On Mar 14, 2013, at 3:26 AM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:

>>> understand why virtually all ASF projects adhere to that convention
>>> now?
>
> P.S., It's been 6 years since I uploaded my first patch on HBase. I
> still don't know many things but I'm continuously learning from you
> guys ;-)

Hi Edward,

I do not think any one is questioning your credibility as a committer, or pmc member. I think
Marvin hit it right and straight forward way. At ASF one of the few things (and primarily
the only thing) like adding to a PMC is handled on private lists. Given that you have been
contributing since 6 years you are certainly expected to know it. It is not healthy to side
track the issue with your contributions or citing emotional reasons.

Suresh