incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>
Subject Re: Markdown issue
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 18:48:10 GMT

IF I understand you correctly you might be able to simply tackle the
issue using the right CSS selector to apply styles for external links.

If links pointing inside the site use URLs not starting with "http" you
might want to do something like the following to match external links:

a[href^="http://"] { color: red; }

hth,

Manos

On 03/05/2013 10:18 AM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> @Ioan: that was exactly what I was trying to avoid, it feels a bit
> cumbersome to type the whole link instead something like
> [text][1](.whatevercssclass) or similar
>
> @Shane: yep, had checked also that link, unfortunately, "Special attribute
> blocks can be used only with headers fenced code blocks." and I was looking
> to arbitrarily style a given link (btw, the preview pane doesn't like
> fenced blocks, or is it just me?)
>
> seems I'll stick with inline html, I was puzzled to see that it doesn't
> seem to be an easy way to put custom styles via markdown :-?
>
> anyway, thanks for the insights
>

> br,
> juan pablo
>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
>
>> See if this helps:
>>
>>    http://michelf.ca/projects/**php-markdown/extra/#spe-attr<http://michelf.ca/projects/php-markdown/extra/#spe-attr>
>>
>> Which is linked from:
>>
>>    http://www.apache.org/dev/**cmsref.html#markdown<http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#markdown>
>>
>> - Shane
>>

>> On 3/4/2013 6:46 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> probably is a dumb issue and I'm missing something obvious, but so far, I
>>> haven't been able to solve it:
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to tell a markdown link to use a specific css class?
>>> I'd like to render links pointing outside the incubator site with an
>>> "external" css class. I know I can write the html equivalent, but that
>>> feels unnatural, so I'd better avoid that option. I've been poking at a
>>> few
>>> site's sources, but haven't had any luck yet..
>>>

>>> thx in advance!
>>>
>>> br,
>>> juan pablo

Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist