incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kasper Sørensen <kasper.soren...@HumanInference.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] MetaModel join the Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:43:20 GMT

any of us wants a @apache.org email though! :)

Hope that sheds a bit more light on the matter. And thanks for questioning this, it gives
us opportunity to explain things!

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Grobmeier [mailto:grobmeier@gmail.com]
Sent: 11. marts 2013 11:43
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] MetaModel join the Apache Incubator

I still think this is a nice project and it might fit right into the ASF. Currently I am out
of time, so I cannot champion this proposal nor can I be the  most active mentor. Unfortunately
it seems nobody else in the IPMC has an interest in helping this proposal.

Looking at:
http://eobjects.org/trac/timeline

It seems MetaModel is more or less a single-man with a little support from two other devs.
With less interest from the Incubator and a small dev community I am not sure how this project
will develop here. If Kasper stops to commit, the project is dead.

Two contributors are listed as "have an interest to commit if accepted to the ASF". Why didn't
they contribute before? It reads a bit like they want to have an @apache.org e-mail address
than a real interest in the project.

Hopefully other IPMC'lers find some time to comment here too.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Kasper Sørensen <kasper.sorensen@humaninference.com>
wrote:
> Just for reference, I'd add to Sameer's mail that the proposal is here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/MetaModelProposal
>
> We would very much appreciate if one or more apache champions will help us to get further
in the process.

> Kasper

on adding Hbase support to Metamodel to cater the needs of today.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de