incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Patches from contributors: missing ASF license inclusion?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 11:19:24 GMT
Hi,

In the S4 project we have some recent patches from non-committers, but we have doubts on how
to integrate them.

In the past, the Jira system had a clearly defined way for the contributor to mark the patch
as granted to the ASF.

Typically (wording from the hbase book): "The patch should be attached to the associated Jira
ticket "More Actions -> Attach Files". Make sure you click the ASF license inclusion, otherwise
the patch can't be considered for inclusion".

Unfortunately it seems that with the latest Jira updates, this option is not available anymore
to contributors.

So, now, what is the proper way to ensure a patch can be included in the codebase of an Apache
(incubator) project? Do we need contributors, even casual ones, to file an ICLA?

Thanks for any clarification!

Matthieu