incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject [VOTE] recommend Apache DeltaSpike for graduating out of the incubator
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:54:25 GMT
Hi!

The Apache DeltaSpike podling is a project which contains common CDI Extensions which are
portable among many different Java EE containers and even run on standalone CDI containers.

We are now incubating since December 2011 and believe we are ready for graduation. We've shipped
3 releases and already see wide adoption in the industry.
We've already done an internal VOTE on the proposal which passed with a big majority [1].

The voices who raised concerns were mainly afraid of DeltaSpike not being 'finished' yet.
But graduation doesn't mean that the product is final and switches to maintenance, but that
it is vital and there is an active community around it. And this is certainly the case as
shown by the 21 votes we got the last days.

Our status file [2] got updated recently and I consider the podling namesearch task as completed
[3].

Thus I'd like to ask the IPMC to VOTE on recommending the attached graduation proposal to
the board.

[+1] yes, go forward

[+0] meh, don't care
[-1] nope, because there's a blocker ${blocker_reason}

The VOTE is open for 72h

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://markmail.org/message/bmhr5woxidmgheco
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/deltaspike.html

[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-31

--------------------------------

Proposed Board Resolution Report
X. Establish the Apache DeltaSpike Project

open-source software related to creating a set
of portable CDI (JSR-299) Extensions
for distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache DeltaSpike Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to creating a set of portable CDI Extensions;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache DeltaSpike" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache DeltaSpike Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further

Apache DeltaSpike Project:

Gerhard Petracek <gpetracek at apache.org>
Mark Struberg <struberg at apache.org>
Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com>
Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com>
Shane Bryzak <sbryzak at gmail.com>
Rudy de Busscher <rdebusscher at apache.org
Christian Kaltepoth <christian at kaltepoth.de>
Arne Limburg <arne.limburg at openknowledge.de>
Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard at gmail.com>
Cody Lerum <cody.lerum at gmail.com>
Romain Mannu-Buccau <rmannibucau at gmail.com>
Matthew Jason Benson <mbenson at apache.org>
Jim Jagielski <jim at apache.org>
David Blevins <dblevins at apache.org>
Ken Finnigan <ken at kenfinnigan.me>
John D. Ament <johndament at apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Mark Struberg
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache DeltaSpike, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache DeltaSpike PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby
Incubator DeltaSpike podling; and be it further

Incubator DeltaSpike podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal