incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Identifying and removing inactive mentors
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:47:35 GMT
Exactly. Simple rule. If mentors don't sign two reports in a row,
shepherd checks they are subscribed to the dev list, and then contacts
them asking if they still want to be involved. If they don't answer,
then the shepherd goes to the podling private list, and tells them that
mentor x is not responding - and allows them to act as they wish (most
likely seeking an additional mentor).

The aim is not to strike off inactive mentors, but to ensure that a
podling has enough active mentors.

Having said that, there *are* perks to being a mentor, even an inactive
one. I can say "I mentored project X", and I see myself listed with
karma on projects I mentored, which gives me kudos in the outside world.
I'd personally rather not loose that kudos, it is kinda cool. Yet, do we
want to 'give that' in return for zero activity? Did they really mentor
project X?

Upayavira