incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Identifying and removing inactive mentors
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:21:29 GMT
I have mentored at least two podlings where I am the only active mentor.
One had six mentors on the list, but I was the only one actually paying
any attention. We're not talking about occasional absenteeism, we're
talking not having participated since the beginning of the podling. One
podling I note two of the mentors don't even appear to be subscribed to
the dev list.

I didn't sign up to being the *only* mentor. I'm not convinced that
having only me as a mentor is best for the project. Fortunately, there's
another ASF member who watches and chimes in, which I really appreciate.

So sure, let's not force out people who are having a bad month or
something, but surely we should only be listing as mentors those that
are actually paying some attention to the podling?

Upayavira