incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Fast Feather Track at ACNA13 - The incubator's chance to get involved!
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 00:30:48 GMT
Hi All

Hopefully all of you know that it's ApacheCon in Portland in just under 2
weeks. The Community Over Code track in particular should be of great
interest + help to many in the incubator community, as we've some
excellent speakers talking about all sorts of things around our projects,
development and ways of working.

Another set of talks that will be taking place is the "Fast Feather
Track", which is a series of shorter talks (~15 minutes) on things that
are new, interesting, exciting and upcoming. This is a great place for
newer Incubating Projects to talk about themselves, gain new exposure, and
also practice ApacheCon speaking in preparation for future full talks!

The talk proposal submission process for the FFT is set to be announced
tomorrow, but I wanted to give the Incubator a heads-up first as I know
how important it's been for podlings in the past!

To propose a talk, please use the form at http://s.apache.org/FFT13

If not many people from your project watch this list, please let others in
your community know too!

Also, thinking of ApacheCon and podling communities, don't forget we've
got a BarCamp[1] on the Sunday before (great chance to learn more about
Apache and talk about your project), a Hackathon[2] on the Monday (draw
new people into contributing to your project), and you can host a meetup
one evening[3] if you wish.

Hopefully see many of you in Portland!

Nick

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BarCampApachePortland