incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sushanth Sowmyan <khorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate HCatalog from the incubator and become part of Hive
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:06:17 GMT
And my axe! Erm... I mean, my +1.

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Alan Gates <gates@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> FYI.
>
> Alan.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Alan Gates <gates@hortonworks.com>
>> Date: February 4, 2013 10:18:09 PM PST
>> To: hcatalog-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> Subject: [VOTE] Graduate HCatalog from the incubator and become part of Hive
>>
>> The Hive PMC has voted to accept HCatalog as a submodule of Hive.  You can see the
vote thread at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-dev/201301.mbox/%3cCACf6RrzktBYD0suZxn3Pfv8XkR=vgwszRZyB_2qVeSuj2vhaVg@mail.gmail.com%3e
.  We now need to vote to graduate from the incubator and become a submodule of Hive.  This
entails the following:

>> 1) the establishment of an HCatalog submodule in the Apache Hive Project;
>> 2) the adoption of the Apache HCatalog codebase into the Hive HCatalog submodule;
and
>> 3) adding all currently active HCatalog committers as submodule committers on the
Hive HCatalog submodule.

>> Definitions for all these can be found in the (now adopted) Hive bylaws at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive+Bylaws+for+Submodule+Committer.
>>
>> This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (thus 23:00 PST on 2/7/13).  PPMC
members votes are binding in this vote, though input from all is welcome.

>> If this vote passes the next step will be to submit the graduation motion to the
Incubator PMC.