incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <>
Subject Re: Incubator voting status page
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 17:06:11 GMT
On 02.02.2013 16:29, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Branko ─îibej wrote on Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 11:01:42 +0100:
>> I'm all for moving this from minotaur to whimsy, and do suggest we
> whimsy doesn't have the public-arch tree locally.

Thanks for reminding me again ... silly me.

>> change the incubator.a.o server config so that the votes table can be
>> fetched from there.
> Not specific enough to comment on.  (Change how?)

    LoadModule headers_module /.../

    I've already put the following in the .htaccess file:

    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    # Allow remote content from in order to fetch vote status
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin ""

    ProxyPass /remote/embedded-votes.html

    and I'll change the URL of the generated table in votes.xml.

A simple redirect will of course not work, as it triggers the same
access restriction. The proxy solution doesn't open the door as wide,
but I expect it's slightly more expensive than adding a header to the
response. Either way should work.

-- Brane

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: