incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator voting status page
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:29:45 GMT
On 01.02.2013 17:01, sebb wrote:
> On 1 February 2013 10:29, Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 31.01.2013 17:18, Branko Čibej wrote:
>>> On 31.01.2013 16:51, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>>>> Branko Čibej wrote on Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 16:40:14 +0100:
>>>>> I guess it's best if I ping infra and ask about getting this done (or
>>>>> probably file an INFRA ticket). Infra are also in the best position to
>>>>> know if we can have the page regenerated more often, e.g., once an hour.
>>>> The first issue I see is that your script assumes it has local access to
>>>> the public-arch tree, so it can only run on minotaur (or on the
>>>> mail-archives.a.o box).
>>> Ah, that's a good enough point for doing the dynamic-include thing.
>>> Initially I thought I'd be downloading the mboxes from mail-archives,
>>> but ... local access is soo much faster and easier.
>>>
>>> I'll make it work as Christian suggested then.
>> And it's done. An embedded status page is created on minotaur and
>> dynamically embedded into the new vote status page. There are only two
>> issues:
>>
>>   * It'll take a while for this to show up, since the incubator site
>>     refreshes once a day (?); in the meantime, the embedded status link
>>     will be dead.
> It updates immediately, provided that you publish any changes.
>
>>   * The embedded content gets loaded from people.apache.org, not
>>     incubator.apache.org; AIUI that'll cause browsers to portend
>>     disaster and in some cases refuse to load the vote status. This
>>     should be fixed, suggestions welcome.
> The use of target=_blank causes a new window to created each time the
> link is clicked; that seems wrong.

Yes, I just noticed that; copy-paste bug from the standalone page link,
will fix.

> Also, it does not work in Firefox. Or Chrome. Or Opera. Or IE.

That's caused by the the access control constraints, as I point out in
the text you quoted. I tried circumventing that in .htaccess, but the
incubator site config doesn't load mod_headers, so that won't help.

We'll either have to change the httpd config for that site -- load
mod_headers, or set up a proxy to the real status page --or come up with
a way to copy the updated status page directly from minotaur to the live
site.

I think updating the httpd config is the more realistic option, since it
doesn't presume a ssh tunnel between minotaur and the site server.

-- Brane


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message