incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Fwd: [VOTE] Graduate HCatalog from the incubator and become part of Hive
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 06:18:44 GMT
FYI.

Alan.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Alan Gates <gates@hortonworks.com>
> Date: February 4, 2013 10:18:09 PM PST
> To: hcatalog-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: [VOTE] Graduate HCatalog from the incubator and become part of Hive
>
> The Hive PMC has voted to accept HCatalog as a submodule of Hive.  You can see the vote
thread at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-dev/201301.mbox/%3cCACf6RrzktBYD0suZxn3Pfv8XkR=vgwszRZyB_2qVeSuj2vhaVg@mail.gmail.com%3e
.  We now need to vote to graduate from the incubator and become a submodule of Hive.  This
entails the following:

> 1) the establishment of an HCatalog submodule in the Apache Hive Project;
> 2) the adoption of the Apache HCatalog codebase into the Hive HCatalog submodule; and
> 3) adding all currently active HCatalog committers as submodule committers on the Hive
HCatalog submodule.

> Definitions for all these can be found in the (now adopted) Hive bylaws at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive+Bylaws+for+Submodule+Committer.
>
> This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (thus 23:00 PST on 2/7/13).  PPMC members
votes are binding in this vote, though input from all is welcome.

> If this vote passes the next step will be to submit the graduation motion to the Incubator
PMC.