incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Expressing priorities about release reviews
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2013 22:34:24 GMT
There have been many opinions expressed over the last few years about
what constitutes a "release". At least one opinion was that having the
source in SCM that is freely available constitutes "release" and
therefore best practice is to mark the source directory with the
appropriate source LICENSE and NOTICE.

Obviously, the LICENSE and NOTICE might be different for binary
releases that include some dependencies that are distributed only with
convenience binary releases.

But many of the incubator release issues I've seen could have been
avoided simply by including the LICENSE and NOTICE files in the source
root, making it very difficult to release source without these files.

Craig