incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Expressing priorities about release reviews
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2013 20:30:28 GMT
We can also add a checklist item to the top level checklists, to be
done as part of the source migration:

Add LICENSE and NOTICE files to the top level repository directory. [I
don't know if there is anything more specific than that, because where
a project is using project/trunk, project/site, project/branches style
it would go into the project/trunk directory and thence propagated to
branches etc.]

Craig

On Jan 13, 2013, at 7:51 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 13/01/13 12:45, Benson Margulies wrote:
>> 3. Most of the reviewing in this area is done by sebb. We're lucky to
>> have him paying attention to this at all, because it sure seems
>> sometimes as if no one else does.
>>
>> Adding all of this up, I've got a very modest proposal. Let's
>> create a
>> checklist, put it prominently at the top of the relevant doc, and
>> then
>> see if we can't improve the visibility of this. Sebb, could I ask you
>> to dump your checklist into this email thread?
>
> +1
>
> We need to clone sebb's reviewing process as good practice and it
> would pull together the knowledge about N&L.
>
> 	Andy

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo