incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC5 release
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:36:45 GMT

On 1/25/13 8:28 AM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I am actually glad that it is discussed here so that other podlings or future
> podlings are aware of these fundamental items (since not everyone may
> subscribe to legal-discuss).
>
> Is this philosophy or policy also true for parts of a code base that are
> intricate to the basic functionality of the software such as icons, gifs,
> jpgs, and statistical models in this case (which were approved to be
> distributed under the same ASL2.0 terms)?
I'm pretty sure that icons, gifs, jpgs are ok in both source and binary
dists.  My mental model for source dists is whether the file can do any harm
and what the developer would do to verify its safety.  For icons, gifs,
jpgs, I would load them in a display program, and if they contained a virus,
they probably wouldn't load.

I don't know what your statistical model is, but I would think of it the
same way.

The binary dist is just supposed to be a pre-compiled version of the source
dist.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team