incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Kalumet 0.6-incubating release (2nd try)
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 21:13:44 GMT
On 20 December 2012 13:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
> Kalumet 0.6-incubating (2nd try). This will be our first release. A vote was
> held on the developer mailing list and passed with 6 +1s:
>
> +1 (binding): Andreas Pieber, Ioannis Canellos, Jamie Goodyear, Achim
> Nierbeck
>
> +1 (mentor/IPMC): Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Olivier Lamy
>
> We need an additional IPMC vote.
>
> Release Notes:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kalumet/tags/kalumet-0.6-incubating/RELEASE-NOTES
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekalumet-021/

The NOTICE file is non-standard.

It must only contain required notices; in particular

I. Included Software

<<<

and similar additions must be removed from the file, which should start:

Apache Kalumet
Copyright 2012 The Apache Software Foundation

<<<

The above is a minimal NOTICE file, and should be followed by required
notices only.

It looks as though Terracotta (quartz) does not require a mention in
the NOTICE file.

Not sure about the other two, but the NOTICE is not generally the
place to document the license; the wording usually looks something
like:

This product includes classworlds (http://classworlds.codehaus.org/).
Copyright 2002 (C) The Codehaus. All Rights Reserved.
<<<

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html