incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First attempt at January2013 report template
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 03:25:31 GMT
Hi,

1.1.2013 3.36 "David Crossley" <crossley@apache.org> kirjoitti:
> It all requires podlings to keep the project metadata up-to-date!
> Clutch can only use the data that it is fed. The poor state of
> the metadata has many ramifications.
>
> The main laggards are "graduated" projects.
>
> That behaviour will cause similar issues when they are TLPs.

True, though we should always remember that we are here primarily to write
great open source software and help others do so, not to maintain
impeccable project metadata.

The main beneficiaries of good podling metadata are the IPMC and the tools
we use to guide Incubator processes, while the podlings themselves gain
little direct value from updating Incubator records.

Thus I rather feel thankful to the podlings and mentors that do find the
time to maintain our records, and instead of casting blame would love to
see us helping those that find the overhead too much.

BR,

Jukka Zitting