incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC5 release
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 20:55:53 GMT
Chris et al,

I'm suffering from a mild crisis of responsibility here. I'm the VP of
the incubator. cTakes is planning to ship a release containing
something that, according to some lights, is inadmissible. If that
'something' is in *the (source) release*, I have serious qualms. If
it's merely in a the convenience binaries, I have fewer. We have a
ticket open at LEGAL, and no response except postings of opinion.

So, am I supposed to drop a hammer here, required to drop a hammer
here, or am I having an acute Alexander Haig moment by even
considering dropping a hammer here?

I know that a number of board members read this list, so perhaps one
or more will tell me which padded cell I should retire to.

--benson