incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC5 release
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:45:16 GMT
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Jörn Kottmann <> wrote:
> No, the OpenNLP did not have any discussion about it with legal. We just
> came to the conclusion
> that its not worth spending time on these issues, when we can instead
> produce our own training
> data which is compatible with the Apache license.

Understood. Are the compatible training data synthetic? Would you
recommend a similar course here?

James, is there a reason the models need to be distributed through
Apache? Your time is your own, but going through legal could delay
your release. -C

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message