incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Expressing priorities about release reviews
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:01:22 GMT
> Really is it so bad to say to a project with a bug in their license and notice info:
> fix this in trunk and show me the revision and I'll go ahead and approve your
> release as-is.
> Running through iterations of this is very labor-intensive for the project, and
> anything we can do to cut down on the pain involved in cutting incubator
> releases is IMO worthwhile.

+ 1 for this!
Perhaps it would be nice for the podling to just come up with a list of all of the 3rd party
libraries in a Jira and have a  group (possibly from legal) that reviews them and helps them
officially construct the LICENSE/NOTICE files the first time around (There are usually a lot
of grey areas and not an easy straight reference to an outdated list of approved compatible
licenses).  Most of the committers are developers and not lawyers- so it would be nice to
have developers do what they do best and focus on building awesome code.