incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator voting status page
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:30:38 GMT
On 31.01.2013 10:59, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
>> There is now an embedded version of the voting status page available for
>> preview at
>>
>>     http://people.apache.org/~brane/fakeubator/votes.html
>>
>> By "embedded" I mean, integrated into (a copy of) the Incubator site.
>> The page is updated every 4 hours.
> It looks very cool.
>
> What if whimsy would generate the html and we would "include" it with
> a small javascript snipped? I can provide such a snippet, if wanted

Personally I'd rather have whatever process is updating the regular
Incubator site create the vote status page in-place. I added a separate
target to the Ant build file specifically for that purpose -- so that
only that page can be updated without affecting the rest of the site,
and therefore this can be done more often than once a day.

That way you don't have to keep track of stylesheet changes, etc.

-- Brane