incubator-general mailing list archives

From Federico Strati <fede.str...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Potential proposal + request volunteers for champion & mentor roles - MetaModel
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:25:48 GMT
On 1/28/2013 11:07 AM, Kasper Sørensen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> After some time spent (yeah, sorry quite a lot more time than we had hoped), we finally
now have the green light to officially post a proposal to the Incubator to take on MetaModel
as a project. Since it's been a while, I wish to call out again for sponsors. We found a few
some months ago, but we where out of contact for so long I feel it's most fair to ask again.

> Please find below the draft proposal which we would love to further work on together
with sponsors before finally submitting it. (I tried posting it on the wiki but was not authorized,
probably because my account is a new one).

> Best regards,
> Kasper Sørensen

> MetaModel - uniform data access across datastores
> Proposal for Apache Incubator

Hello,

I made few weeks a go a proposal (in very early stages of conception)
that may marry very well with this project.

You find the infos (very short at the moment) at the
following URL: https://sourceforge.net/projects/rdbmssr

It has to do with software redundancy on RDBMS
so I'll be pleased if you may have an opinion on it
and send me some further pointers about MetaModel.

My idea was to target the most commercial databases first
(Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc...) as the most widely used
and to use as a language C/C++ for reasons of efficiency.

Kind regards

Federico