incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC5 release
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:23:00 GMT
On 25/01/2013 Benson Margulies wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:04 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
>> What about Apache OpenOffice?
> I asked this question about Open Office, and I got, more or less, what
> I typed in above. I was puzzled, but there you have it. As I recall,
> Roy made a remark like 'our real users are people who will take the
> source of Open Office ...'.

This is not exactly the way the OpenOffice project sees this. We are
voting on a release right now, and of course we put great care in
ensuring that the source code is clean and that it can be used by our
downstream projects to build upon; but we also make extensive tests on
the "convenience" binaries, since we know that our largest group of
users is the 35 millions and counting who already downloaded the
approved binaries.

Regards,
   Andrea.