incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: How to make votes more visible?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:42:34 GMT
On 18/01/13 11:30, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Christian Grobmeier
>> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ...Can we somehow find a way to highlight currently running votes?...
>> Isn't the [VOTE] tag in subject sufficient?
>> You could filter those threads to a different mail folder to make sure
>> you don't miss them.
> In theory yes. But on the other hand i already have tons of gmail
> labels (counting asf lists only).
>
> There are some [VOTE]s open for a pretty long time. Basically this is
> the problem i wanted to address.

I suspect that [VOTE]s remaining open frustrates a number of incubator
projects. There currently seem to be 5 ongoing votes at this point which
are (I think I have these ordered by last response time):

    [VOTE] Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC5 release - open 13 days
    [VOTE] Release Apache Onami-Test 1.4.0-incubating - open 3 hours
    [VOTE] Release Apache Onami-Logging 3.4.0-incubating - open 3 hours
    [VOTE] - Apache Clerezza Graduation Resolution - open 5 days
    [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.4 (incubating) - open 5 days

Sorry if I missed any. Two of the above have just started but of the
others, two took (or are still taking) a fairly long time to get started.

Regarding the original suggestion, a web based tool would only seem to
be useful if the problem is associated with IPMC members not noticing
rather than not feeling that they have time to do proper reviews. Has
this been determined yet? Are there any other possible reasons?

Finally, a shameless request: please can we get more people reviewing
the Bloodhound vote?

Cheers,
     Gary