incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: First attempt at January2013 report template
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 01:35:28 GMT
Benson Margulies wrote:
> <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Benson Margulies wrote:
> >>
> >> I've used my improved clutch2report.py tool to push a template for
> >> January 2013. It includes some extra bits to help me (or anyone else)
> >> notice missing signoffs and reports.
> >
> > I like these.
> >
> > Prior versions were sorted alphabetically by name.
>
> Well, *that* would be sensible. Please no one add any reports, I
> definitely want to fix that.
>
> >> Of course, it uses the clutch as of today.
> >>
> >> Would folks prefer that I wipe this out until closer to the event, or
> >> should I leave it?
> >
> > It should be changed to reflect other events like Photark retirement and Openmeetings
delay. I'm not sure it matters if you do that in the wiki or with the script.

> that requires the clutch to be up to date. Note that OM isn't really graduated.

It all requires podlings to keep the project metadata up-to-date!
Clutch can only use the data that it is fed. The poor state of
the metadata has many ramifications.

The main laggards are "graduated" projects.

That behaviour will cause similar issues when they are TLPs.

-David