incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: PPMC versus commiter
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:46:58 GMT
On 12/19/12 8:40 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <> wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
><> wrote:
>> ...Making someone a C without PPMC gives them the power to evolve the
>> but not to help make decisions about how can maintain it, or when to
>> release it. Something about that, I just don't find right....
>As I said, in general I agree, but as a temporary situation that might
>allow a project to elect someone as a committer early, while taking a
>bit more time before granting them PMC power.

I wasn't replying directly to you, Bertrand, I was replying in general.

That said, and I don't want to take this down a long never ending thread,
why separate the "power"? That seems like an artificial line to me and
quite honestly I wouldn't work on a project where you trust me to
develop/evolve the code, but don't trust me to release it or judge/elect
new folks to help maintain it.

If you want to elect someone early, elect them as both, early :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message